Thursday 15 September 2011

I've deceided that I've been looking at everything wrong, Even though i'm paying for this studio space, it's not about how much I produce from having the space. Almost validating my time there, it's that i appreciate what i have there. It's a creative haven where i can do what i want to do. As long as i'm spending time in my haven that's ok. and it's not really about what kind of product i make or whether i label myself as an artist, a textile designer, a printer. I do what i feel i need to, to survive and feel alive through what i'm doing. I promise myself that i will always strive to be better, not to produce more but to push myself more, to work hard and feel satisfied at the end of the day.

And as Artist Elizebeth Murrey said "you'd better realise that this is the life of suffering, struggle and you wern't gunna be any good anyway" although i find this amusingly true I can't wait to get started!

A good link to lots of inspiring artists' stories:
http://video.pbs.org/program/1217143847/

ART 21

No comments:

Post a Comment